Full-Revs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bike value

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

bike value - Page 4 Empty Re: bike value

Post by DanHam Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:50 am

Lol you are probably much more behaved now than I will be at 34 Smile I have to make up for it somehow Razz

Hmm love is a hard thing to define, afterall what is love? In my opinion when my mates or who ever tell thier other half that they love them, I step back and think but do you. Yeah they may like them and think the world of them but do they actually love them. Love is something that I think is built up after being together for a good few years.

Some of my mates do that, they say to me...so what do you think of her. I always say yeah shes nice whether I think that or not Very Happy

Yeah of course I go for an education NOT Very Happy Jokes

Hmm well I'm probably rubbish by now, its been a long time since I last played it, I miss playing it alot now.

Haha you were very lucky, if I was to do that at my school I would get punched straight in the face lol. I would have loved to have seen his face when you did it, I bet it was a picture. But it sounds as though the little git deserved what you did to him and even more. I guess as long as you performed well in class and exams etc, then the teachers would let you get away with a lot of things as to keep you sweet so that you wouldn't loose heart in what you were doing Very Happy

What else did you do to other students and get away with then? Smile
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Will-Radford Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 am

All your fricking lengthy life story replies haha
Will-Radford
Will-Radford
Junkie
Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:28 am

Will-Radford wrote:All your fricking lengthy life story replies haha

Haha. Get a life Will! Very Happy
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:47 am

DanHam wrote:Lol you are probably much more behaved now than I will be at 34 Smile I have to make up for it somehow Razz

Haha...you're just saving it all up for later Very Happy

I guess love is a difficult thing for teenagers (you hear that Will?!!!). Most have no distinction between needing someone's attention; wanting someone's affection, yearning for someone else's girlfriend (envy), and love, which requires caring for someone, beyond any feeling. The last idea of love is the life long one to battle with. How do you love someone, when you feel nothing for them; many fail at that hurdle. Emotions come and go with the weather; love has to endure climate change if it is to have any substance.

Most of your mates are asking your opinion because they want to know whether a girl is shaggable or not doh! I get pissed off with 'friends' who use girls for their own whoreing impulses.
Anyone can f**k around. It takes a man to stay beside someone he loves. Well one of my mates asked me what I thought of his girlfriend. She was a dancer (modern contemporary, as well as failed ballerina). I think he would have been happier if I said 'she was nice'. I told him that I found her incredibly cold. He was upset with me and told me that she wasn't. So I had to do the backpaddling thing, and told him that maybe she was just cold to me, because I didn't know her. Anyway, she dumped him a month later and he found out she was going out with her flatmate behind his back :{P

Haha you were very lucky, if I was to do that at my school I would get punched straight in the face lol. I would have loved to have seen his face when you did it, I bet it was a picture. But it sounds as though the little git deserved what you did to him and even more. I guess as long as you performed well in class and exams etc, then the teachers would let you get away with a lot of things as to keep you sweet so that you wouldn't loose heart in what you were doing Very Happy

Ahhh, but the 'cold water shock', freezes reaction times Smile

Fist fights, in school?! Lol. No way. I went to a grammar school. We studied Latin and classics and modern languages. No one learnt woodwork, mechanics, IT, photography, media or any practical skills. It was that sort of school. I doubt they could fight effectively without being floored off balance. He was taller than me by about 3 inches, so he'd only fall harder if he tried anything Wink

What else did you do to other students and get away with then? Smile

I don't go around annoying students - I teach them!! Okay - so I was a bit of a hooligan when I was younger, but I was easily led and in the wrong crowd when I was younger. I broke free from that by discovering the value of an education. I just got interested in philosophy, and instead of strangling my classmates with plastic bags or leaving drawing pins on their chairs, I found the realm of hidden knowledge more fascinating than being a moron to others. Sounds like Lord of the Rings oer....! Of course I'd stil have moments when tempers would flare, but I'm way more even-keeled now, and definitely less angry with the world. One of the challenges was, I went to a very respected academic school, however lived in a council area, which had a lot of violence - so it was tough being a kid from that social class, and being marginalised because mummy and daddy weren't loaded like some of the other guys Smile
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:54 am

You got that one right Very Happy

Ahh yes envy, my mate well Ex mate once did that too me, he began texting my old girlfriend saying he was going to take her out for a meal etc, In the end I told him he could have her lol.

Yes I know what your saying, when I was in a long well long for me about 7 months relationship, there was some days I would wake up and think, Damn I really can't be bothered with all this and used to think that I was too young for it all.

I find that annyoing to, that a lad will go out with a girl just so he can say he has sha**ed her if he gets lucky, I always seem to think to myself what if she hears him saying this, how is she going to feel.

Looks like you had the right instinct about that girl your friend was with, you can read them like a book Very Happy

Yeah it does come to think of it, well it sounds to me as if you were a feared student at your old school Very Happy and that fights only happened once every blue moon. Fist fights happen regularly here, I think there was 3 here in one day last week.

Ohh my punctuation was incorrect I meant "did" Lol. I know the feeling when you get new friends and you find out that they are the ones who misbehave, anyway the good thing about 6th form is that there isn't many that do misbehave and the ones who do misbehave already have their final warning Very Happy

You can't help your temper I guess, I was quite suprised the other day when my form teacher (psychology teacher) walked up to me and called me short tempered and I hardly loose my temper now as much as I used to, I used to be really bad, loads of people thought I was on steroids last year as I went really big and my temper went wild Very Happy LOL

Well even if your parents weren't the richest people in town, you have made sure that you have a decent education and now have a very good job that most rich people would dream of Very Happy
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:50 am

When you first experience your mates dole-ing out 'envy', don't forget the experience! It doesn't go away - it just takes a different form when you're older and by God is it ugly!

I wish it was true that as guys get older, they become more mature and settle down with one partner. The truth is, the contract syphillis or venereal disease and end up in the GU clinic!!! Very Happy

In some of the state comprehensive schools, it was a bit more like that; you'd get open out fighting. Even in the public schools though, one of the kids where my nephew wants to go, had a national incident with a knife-ing on campus. I guess things have changed. I remember the headmaster who got stabbed intervening to protect a student from a gang of boys from another school in London. What a way to waste one's life ending up with a career in prison for the rest of their young lives.

Wow Dan. If your psychology teacher can sense your temper, she must be detecting your subconscious and you aren't even aware that you're angry!! What a teacher. Milf! Very Happy

I guess motorcycling has taught you to become more disciplined. Same here. You have to learn to bridle your impulses on a motorcycle otherwise you end up crashing all the time. Even when you get bullied by a 4x4 on the road - no point in getting angry otherwise your riding plan deteriorates. I nipped out today to collect my hi-fi cables (they repaired them under warranty - free ....and I bought them in 1997!!!!!) and there were some awful white van men crawling up my back side. I off-sided and I could see them trying to squeeze me right off the road so I let them try and plough into the rear of the car in front as I filtered off-side. The other strategy is to drop off-side - let them overtake, and at the lights, kick the living shit out of their car door with those titanium sliders!! Years ago, I'd probably have been quite thick and stuck my ground, refusing to move faster, and just doubling my stopping distance. Now I realise that just makes me an easy target and I'm better to get out of that uncomfortable situation, instead of feeling tense with a driver deliberately intimidating me like that.

Well my parents don't care much about education/studying etc. I love it, particularly the freedom of thought which comes with it. Money is neither here nor there in my life. Mostly it goes on the race bike Very Happy
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Hmm I shall keep an eye out for my mates taking a look to many at my OH lol

Ohh dear you have sussed me, how did you know about my STi...seriously I'm joking lol. Quite a few people at my school have had to have STi tests, I think school should hand out condoms to be honest. They way lads describe how they give you one is enough to make any man with a p***s squeal lol.

Woah well school hasn't got that bad but a few people have been stabbed locally around here, murdered, there was even a rape about 1/4 mile from my Dad, it was on a road I drive regularly, Damn I wished I was there when it was going on, I would kick the lad so hard in the bollocks with my A*'s that he would no longer have a deep voice Very Happy

Well I wouldn't go as far as MILF lol but she is a complete legend Very Happy I have to watch how I am in reg like talking to girls etc. I wouldn't want her to get the idea that I fancy them now would I lol.

Yeah, I find that you have to be much more aware of the road and your surroundings than in a cager Very Happy which I quite like to be honest, after all, you can't fall off a car. What make are your cables? that is one hell of a warranty!

Ahh the white van men, they are probably feared by a lot of women but then they are probably something to be feared of, after all they are all MILF watching like us Very Happy

I bet if you confronted the white van man, then he would say that he wasn't doing anything that he thought to be wrong lol fool. When it comes to them none of them have heard of the 2 second rule. I was pulled out on by a white van man yesterday, he didn't make a fast getaway either so I made sure that I over took him getting extra close to him and then cutting him up Very Happy I need some titanium sliders asap, but then yet again that might not be such a good idea on a 125cc Laughing

Did the white van man take that car up the rear in the end? He was more than likely jealous of you on your Factory Very Happy

Yes, education opens many doors in life and imo makes you a much more interesting person, I wish I had loads of money to spend on my bike, I fancy a half system but I can't see my Mum letting me spend £780 on an SP1 style exhaust for my bike, but my Dad says its up to me Very Happy
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:11 pm

I'm not sure I understand the school thing about sex education. In London, there was a drive to hand out condoms to primary school kids...like how ridiculous is that? They can't tell the difference between a pair of marigold gloves and a condom at that age.

I like that American stand-up comedian's take on teenage pregnancies. She made a comment about an aggressive anti-pregnancy poster showing a picture of a young girl clutching a baby in her arms with the caption: "is this the kind of mobile pager you want?". Her reaction is: "My God. I so want that pager!"
Lol. Maybe they should teach teenagers the 2 second rule and how to use the brakes before becoming an emergency in sex education classes as well as in the driving test Very Happy

White van man - goodness knows. I never stay around long enough to find out! It's really hard to work out if the driver behind who is about to rear end you, is a friend or foe. I treat them all as foes until proven otherwise. It's the only defensive style of riding I know in the city. We get car jackings; even bike jackings and murders pretty regularly. The BBC news doesn't help in repeating it so many times that you think it happens even more than it actually does. Murders aren't rare either; about 10/year and 50-100 stabbings reported/year.

Yup. I use Van den Hul cables - the Ultimate and D102 MkIII cables. They're very sweet, partly because my cd player is very bright. It's great being able to unwind with a decent hi-fi.

£780 is expensive for an exhaust! I got my Akrapovics thrown in free with mine, but then I bought it new. They also threw me in a leather jacket too Razz

Lol. Your parents are funny. You must know how to play them off one another if mum says no and dad says 'it's up to you' Smile
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 pm

yeah, theres a clinic locally here, I went once then I heard about a woman I know working there, they give you 10 condoms a week Very Happy

Primary school is a bit to young imo.

Haha that was funny but it is true though about most teenagers, I haven't really been like that tbh, I bet teenage pregnancies is very high in the city.

My Dad drives a van, its a white van though Very Happy thats the way to be, I always try and think like them, but most of the time I don't get what they think, I mean there is some right idiots, some guy drove behind me with full beam just because I smoked him at the lights, any way I gave him the wanker sign Very Happy it was too dark to do that one with my fist on top of my lid' Very Happy

Car and bike jackings are rare around here, mind you it wouldn't take long to find it if it was unless it was taken to some inbred farm lol.

I haven't heard of them cable either, I shall pass it onto my Dad, he's kitting out our new house's extension and he wants a good sound/TV system. Are they dear?

Well since you got it free, then you won't miss it Very Happy fancy donating? I'm sure I could fit it to my VFR if I wanted. My Dads mate bought a full Akrapovic system for his CB1300 and it was £1200 4 years ago. How much should your system have been?

Leather jacket, that was a deal, did you buy it new?

Well my Mum is going to be hard to convince, she doesn't like me spending my money on my bike, thats part of the reason why I got a ready modified one Very Happy
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:00 pm

I remember now - comedian's name is 'Blair Butler'.

If you type in her name in on iTunes it will come up on Comedy Central Stand and you can watch the clip there. I love CCS Smile

Teenage pregnancies high in the city? I dunno ...it can't be the same teenager pushing the shopping trolley with her screaming kid in it who is always running over my toes! There is a priority system when it comes to benefits. A lot of kids have bad relationships with their parents. If they have a baby as a teenager, it's a sure way of getting onto the council list as a single parent. That way, they don't have to work, and can be rid of their parents. Social breakdown and all that.

My objection to the STD type clinics is mostly that they encourage teenagers to sexualise each other, without ever grasping a deeper value of intimacy; closeness, or trust. 10 condoms is just crazy. How many people can someone bonk before they contract HIV or gonorrhea? All they learn is that, the STD clinic supports them continuing their behaviour, along with any other teenager willing to play the field. And there's bound to be quite a lot of them.

Crikes!!! Your dad is a white van man!!! A van would be a great back up to have actually. If you're going through a divorce, you've always got somewhere else to sleep Smile

I like Wales; I remember it being very low key and felt less dangerous than many places I go around in London at nights so it doesn't surprise me that carjackings and bike jackings are more likely when you get people herded into such cramp spaces. That's why music is so important; if you can't have silence, then at least you need to be able to control the airwaves drunken

The D102MkIIIs shouldn't cost more than £80 for 50cm interconnects. The Van den Hul Ultimates cost me around £180 for the same! They're really great if your system is up to it. Nowadays, most people go for 'surround sound' and the 'cinema' type experience. I don't like the sound quality from those modern systems - they're either very boomy or very tinny, so I use the same speakers that the Beatles used (Celestions). I dont' think that sounds like what your dad is trying to do - sounds like he's way more modern than me. My lounge is my 'listening room'. When I'm elsewhere, I don't have music streamed from room to room. Guess that's just the way I've got used to things - the old fashioned way ;D

Haha - you can have the ipod earphones for free, but not my Akras! I'd have no exhausts on my bike then! The Akras cost around £1000 but i had mine installed when I bought it, so I've always lived with them. Mine have the mufflers which I don't use too, so it is technically street legal, even though it isn't. Yeah - the Aprilia dealer was really good to me. Maybe because I kept on driving by and admiring the Factory for months before I got on one. They gave me the jacket free because I bought the bike new. Or maybe he thought the one I was wearing was really crap!!!

Okay -so your mum is thrifty and your dad is easy. I say your mum's right though. If I look back and see all the countless mods I did on a bike (and wasted time/money/effort in doing), I prefer a completely stock bike that I'm happy with, rather than buying base range and mod'ding it up. The only mod I did to my current bike was Aprilia logo bolts. They were **** useless. I paid around US$45 to get them shipped over, and I lost them within 6 months when they rattled off and lost me my number plate too Sad
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Arghhh I had to type my huge reply twice, this stupid Bebo thing came up and the page jumped to it Evil or Very Mad No

I shall check her out on the weekend when I don't have a snail slow inter web connection lol.

Have you looked at Lee Evans?

Well the city sounds very mnuch what its like here, when my parents split, they sold the house when the market was low, after we sold it then BOOM'ed and left us house less. My Dad had some money to put in his business which made things worse. Me and my Mum had to go on the list thing, we were on it about 3 years, and this girl turned up out of no where with a baby, she got a house straight away...Damn my Mum was annoyed.

My Dad's van is brilliant, its really good for moving bikes. My RS was in it about 4 times, we picked up my Dad's OH's CBR, my CBR and my VFR. It good what we do, only a little damage was done to my RS and we learnt since then, it was only dis coloring of some vinyl on the tail piece. We put the bike in the middle then put blankets / cushions around it and then pack bales around it too keep it stable Very Happy

Yeah I agree 10 condoms is mental, I think it encourages sex. When I singed up I was taken to a side room by a hot woman and then was asked some 'Yes' 'No' questions lol

Lol you wouldn't catch me walking in London at night, or in fact riding a bike...someone might 'Washing Line' me.

Ohh them cables are a bit to dear, my Dad quite likes that surround sound, I do too Very Happy it makes you 'feel part of the experience' Very Happy We will probably get some decent cables but not as good as yours, my Dad is mates with a guy that sorts that kind of stuff out, so I'm sure he can hook us up with good ones. Your speakers do sound like very good ones too Very Happy

If I want music in the next room, I put my Ipod in my pocket, or turn up the volume so I can hear it in the next room...ahh the joys of having no neighbours Razz

Woahh! Imagine how loud your bike would be with no exhaust, I would be able to hear it from here Very Happy That lad on the shitheads forum with the race can on his VFR was unlucky wasn't he. What bike did you have before the Factory?

Well it sounds like you had a very good deal on your bike with the exhaust and the jacket Very Happy Was the jacket he gave you any good?

Ohh Okay then, thank you very much Very Happy How should I give you postage money?

Well you are very right, but its irresistible, actually, do you think it would be possible if I could actually make my own full system? My Dads mate is good with a welder and I quite like the SP1 style, I think it would look really good with my Tyga kit Very Happy

Yeah my Mum wants me to start driving lessons soon, I want to start actually, get my car and bike test done then I'm sorted. Lol my Dad knows loads of people don't he, he can organize me some lessons with a bloke who teaches in a Mini Cooper S Very Happy

Shocked them bolts lost you your number plate, I bet somene has that displayed on his wall now in his garage, a lot of people do that. I shall have to double check the bolts I get for my VFR don't come loose or I will be very annoyed if they rattle loose Twisted Evil
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:12 pm

I know what it's like to lose a long response!!!

I saw Lee Evans at the Bloomsbury Theatre back in the 1990s when he was just a support act to Jack Dee. He was very nervous although very funny, unlike Jack Dee who was arrogant and pompous. Lee's humour is funny - or at least I get it. I just don't get Jack Dee however. I confess I like a lot of American comedy (Ricky Gervais is a plonker and he just makes me want to kill all fat people! That's just how unfunny I find him).

Wow - do you not have proper motorcycle locking down straps? They're useful if you go on a ferry (I guess you don't need to since you have the Severn Bridge Smile ) or transporting your bike. I'm stuck if my bike breaks down. My breakdown cover won't do a home start unless I beg them, and I don't have anything to transport my bike. Thankfully it's an Aprilia and has been very reliable. Unlike Suzukis!!!

You'd be surprised at how many teenagers prowl the streets of London at nights! A lot of them come from well-to-doo families whose parents either go on holidays, then they go out in hunting packs and create havoc in the city and deface trains on their way home, and then pop in through the door after a night's rampage and act all goody two shoes before their parents who are utterly clueless as to what little horrible monsters they've been!! I do ride a lot at night though. Somehow I find it more relaxing than riding in the day. I know it's a bit odd, but it's not as creepy as some guys I know who like to go jogging in the woods at night!

I think that kid on the VFR was asking for trouble! The police can spot a hooligan a mile away. He was within a mile Very Happy

These days I'm hearing more about loud cans being pulled in the city and I'm starting to think I'm either very lucky or I'm just very legal Very Happy Besides, mine are street legal (with the baffles which I don't have in). When you spend £10k on a bike, there's no way they'll throw a crappy jacket in! It's actually a gorgeous Italian Moto Guzzi jacket. It looks fantastic but because I have an Aprilia, I've never worn it. I'll fix that problem soon enough Smile

To be honest, it's such a hassle making your own system. Even if he's a good welder, it's a lot of effort given that you can get second hand kits for the cost of the raw materials/time/electricity/parts if you're hunting on the internet for guys who are parting out their kit. I don't know anything about the Tyga, although you'd prob. need to map it to make sure you get the best out of them.

My gut instinct is that your mum is nervous about you being on a bike, esp. come bad weather. Cars aren't fool proof but in the pouring snow/torrential rain, it makes sense. Lol. I can't work out if your dad knows everyone else in Wales through his worktop business or because he's related to them Laughing

Well I worry that someone has been using my number plate illegally if they found it Sad
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Yeah I think I'm going to start copy and pasting after every paragraph I do.

Woah, I would love to see Lee, he's like amazing, I have his stand ups on my iPod which I watch during my SSS lessons at school Very Happy Jack Dee he's quite funny to but theres no one like Lee, its just the way he is and looks Very Happy Have you ever looked at Peter Kay?

Well my Dad wants to get some of them strap things, theres like a paddock stand you can get to which goes on the front wheel for £90 odd, but then I'm hoping that when I have a full license that my bike won't need to go in the back of that van ever again Very Happy I've never crossed the Severn bridge on my bike lol, I don't really go for ride outs on my bike well I don't on the CBR but I probably will on the VFR Smile Yeah them straps would be handy for people that take their bikes over to the TT as a friend of my step dad took his bike over years ago and when he got there all his fairings were scratched as they strap all the bikes together apparently, I don't know how its done now though.

Ohh TV makes London look like its filled with socially deprived children who come from bad backgrounds and spend all their time in the park drinking and doing drugs, but then its always the posh kids who get away with it as 'Mummy & Daddy' can pay for solicitors to get them out of it.

Yeah, it looks like the copper saw him and saw he was young so thought they would 'shaft' him, they did that big style.

Well Morgan, maybe its that your riding is soo good that you don't attract any attention to yourself so give the police no reason to pull you Smile Ohh no, you can't sell the Factory, will you keep both bikes yeah? Very Happy How much was the bike jacket worth back when you purchased your Aprilia?

Yeah it sounds like a lot of hassel and you know what I'm like I would be never happy if there was any imperfections in it, I would life a full system Ideally. The SP1 style is a half system, but I'm sure I could sort out the other half. A part of me says that I want to do it as I don't see the point in a big CC bikes as it just means a faster way to loose your licence but then another part of me says that I should just not bother then in a couple of years get a bigger bike lol decisions decisions.

Theres a guy called Rick Oliver that deals with NC30/35's hes very good with jetting and does HRC jets, and theres a dyno place not to far from me Very Happy

She was very nervous to start with, when I got my 50cc she wouldn't let me ride to my Dads but then it didn't take me long to get around that. I also told her that my bike only did 35 mph but then she kind of figured out I was lying when I followed her doing 50 odd mph, she wasn't too bothered. I don't think she would like me having anything bigger than a 400cc tough. Yeah if insurance wasn't soo dear I could probably afford a car and still keep my bike, but then the price of insurance is too much. Haha everyone in Wales is related, just as well my Dad is from Southampton / Portsmouth Very Happy he lives in England now, he doesn't come to Wales that often now unless he's working or comes to pick me up, but thats only in the winter.

Ohh I thought of that, I originally wrote that, but then I edited it as I didn't want to worry you.
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Not heard of Peter Kay. One of the fun things about London is that you can choose what to do for a night out - and sometimes you find these little gems like Lee Evans before he makes it big on the national set. I'll have to look up Peter Kay then - no doubt French humour will drive me potty for the next few months Smile

A paddock stand for £90 seems pricey. I have an Abba stand (solo operation) which is much easier to use but not good for transport. I think the best way to strap down a bike is to use those rail locks for the wheels, and then harness straps for the handle bars. Any contact with paint work will just rub on the way.

The Severn is a loooong bridge! If it's windy be careful you don't blow off! Well it's not that bad, but one time I went with mate, it was appalling weather we doubled back at Bristol and stayed there Very Happy

Ohh TV makes London look like its filled with socially deprived children who come from bad backgrounds and spend all their time in the park drinking and doing drugs, but then its always the posh kids who get away with it as 'Mummy & Daddy' can pay for solicitors to get them out of it.

Justice huh?! I know, but the amount of social deprivation is quite shocking. One of my ex-neighbours was a bit reckless like that. His mum was a single parent (she divorced due to husband being unfaithful) and had two teenage sons at the time. The youngest one was a **** who managed to crash his CBR600 and then GSXR600 within the same year. I'd come back and find him parking in my space and some nights his hooligan mates would all turn up on their bikes and swamp my parking space jamming their bikes right up against mine. Finding a banana skin stuck up my rear exhaust wasn't funny and I had a few words with his mum. She kind of gasped in exasperation and said that he was out of control. He'd nicked her credit card and spent £10k on it, mostly buying all of his mates drinks in pubs and things. She moved and I never had any banana skins stuck my my exhausts again!

Well Morgan, maybe its that your riding is soo good that you don't attract any attention to yourself so give the police no reason to pull you Smile Ohh no, you can't sell the Factory, will you keep both bikes yeah? Very Happy How much was the bike jacket worth back when you purchased your Aprilia?

Haha. Flattery will get you everywhere Very Happy
I have been pulled before and had some awful arguments with some plain clothes cops in the middle of the night. There were 4 of them and they really can be quite intimidating. They don't give you any body space and I was trembling thinking they were going to beat me up and claimed I tried to assault them or something. Anyway, after a 20+ minute stand off, they let me go. I don't know which is worse. Running into a gang of thugs who you know are thugs, or having that kind of harrassment.

Jacket cost £300 new 3 years ago. Don't think it's going up in price. Looks like it's gone down by 1p:
bike value - Page 4 Moto%20Guzzi%20Race%20Jacket%20xl

Absolutely gorgeous though I can't bear to wear it!

Well I've been wowwed by MG for some time ever since I took a Griso out for a test ride. I've been on a few MGs for test rides and I've got my eye on one. Maybe if I can swing it and have 2 bikes again. Although that is a nightmare in itself and really yuppie extravagant!

Cool to have the dynojet guy and everything else local to you. That saves a lot of travelling around. And it means helping local business, rather than
welding up your own exhaust pipes which might be truly awwwful! I'm happy with a mid-range bike (read - 1000cc v-twin). I don't see the point in a 1300cc bike or a 1098cc unless it's for track racing, which itself is a luxury these days. Well, I do need a more practical car than the little hairdressers car that I've got, so who knows...may trade it in for something more boring but functional.

Wowsers. So when you see your dad, you ride all the way to Southampton on your 125cc bike?!
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:10 am

Yeah I bet London is good for that, we don't go out much at night like as a family. If we do its to like a resturant then the cinemas, there is a theatre about 50 mins away in Llandudno, I have seen some good things there, the last being Ken Dodd.

Peter Kay, very much like Lee Evans has bad language lol. Was Lee as bad as he is now when you saw him?

I have heard brilliant things about them Abba stands, I have messaged a few guys selling their VFR's on ebay with Abba stands or paddock stands but they all seem to be selling them with the bike or keeping them for their next one, hopefully I will get lucky soon Very Happy £90 is very dear for me just for a stand that I wouldn't use much, I would need 2, one for my Dads and one for my Mums, its a right pain in the rear, as if I need anything in between the 2 I keep having to transport it.

Damn, I would have hated to see the way he rode them 600's, I bet he was weaving in and out of traffic at speeds that would loose you your licence in London, probably wearing no protection apart from his lid'. Them kids sound a lot like the boy racers around here, thye all park up and rev their engines and all that crap. I was at a 6th form party the other night, the lay-by opposite had become very popular with boy racers about 6-7 of them all in their hatch backs, anyway they kept racing away wheel spinning an all that, Wheres the police when you need them ehh? Anyway when it was kicking out time, one of them decided to come screaming into the 30 doing about 60 just where kids were falling / trying to cross the road, what a fool, he was very lucky not to hit one.

Its always them 'Hobby Bobby's' that cause the problems, normal coppers are fine when they speak to you or catch you drinking, them bloody plastinc ones are really arogant, I was called a c**t and everything by one of them, he did it to annoy me I think because he knew I would react, which I did before one of my mates took me away.

Did they have a specific reason for pulling you? 4 of them in car, that was strange, normally its 2 lol.

Wow, that jacket looks like a top quality job, it look lovely to wear with that red material inside, no wonder you don't want to wear it Very Happy

Its really handy that they let you test ride bikes, when it comes to cars normally you have to take someone with you and you can't really test it, you have to respect it and all that. I would be wiery about testing a bike though, just incase something happened. The girls OH that I bought my VFR off was like shame you can't test ride it and that, I was like no thanks, which is a good job because the first time I ever rode it at full power I stalled it twice Laughing

Yeah it is very handy to have them soo local. Well it could go one way or another, a while ago I recieved an email from a guy that makes custom exhausts and has done for 8 years, he showed me some pics his work looked really good. I may ask him for a quote on one before I make a decision Very Happy

Thats the thing, you can never ever get a big bike to its full potential on the road, you can't even test out the brakes very well unless you are going triple figure speeds. Its the same with cars aswell, all the Ferraris and Lambo's etc that people drive around in in London, I don't see the point, you can't get them up to any decent speeds, but then I guess its the image they want.

Maybe a luxury car like BMW or Merc would suit you.

Noo, he lives in Shropshire now, he was born in Southampton, he moved from there when he was my age as his father retired early as he ran a multi million pound mortgage company which he then sold and then the market increased again and he ended up loosing all his wealth lol.
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:22 am

Lee Evans was very coy when he first started out - he would use his stuttering and anxious front as an act. He never swore much (not like Jack Dee, who moved from being 'comical' to just trying to be as offensive as possible which is probably why he makes so many jokes in poor taste. I guess they get used to swearing since this is what a lot of the college kids like to see. The have quite large student followings. Comedians who express what they want without swearing are way more skilled: it's easy to use swear words just to arouse someone's emotions. That's one reason why I like the American artists - they've refined comedy in a different direction from English toilet humour Smile

Lol - you wouldn't need two abba stands. You'd just carry the stand around with you Smile

I have to use mine in dark underground conditions, so it's not ideal for cleaning. I can't spot a mud patch on the chain in the dark and a torch never really works well! That's true too - MG are very classy so the red/black jacket scheme is deliberate retro. They have gone techkro (techno retro) though with their latest bikes which look like transformers!).

Well yeah - that ex-neighbour of mine - I saw him more often in plaster of Paris than motorcycle gear. He was a typical squid - go out in his jeans and gym shoes riding. Can't understand what went wrong though. His brother was a few years older and was really mature and sensible. He rode a Ducati for a while and worked in a motorcycle shop too. It's always the youngest Very Happy

Woohoo! A 6th form party?! And you've only just started the year lol. For my 6th form resolution, I stopped going to parties at Christmas and knuckled down to hard work.

Did they have a specific reason for pulling you? 4 of them in car, that was strange, normally its 2 lol.

Why errr....yes. I'd turned the corner into a road and was happily bimbling along around 30mph. Then at the junction, an idiot car turned right into the road without signalling. I could've braked behind him however the opposite road was clear so I signalled and moved out executing a very smooth overtake and returned to my bimbling speed in front of the car.

I didn't realise it was a police car with 4 plain clothes people. It got off to a really bad start. The lead officer said: "Right. Let's see some ID proof that you're over 18". Well I've never felt so insulted in my life! Lol. Ordinarily I'd be flattered if someone said I looked 18, but this was just condescending. I asked him for some ID because I had no idea who they were. He took offence and started behaving cocky and rude to me and said: "well if you want to play that way then that's fine!" And then they tried to argue that I had done a dangerous manoeuvre and then checked me out; tax disc; exhausts, my licence etc. The thing was, they didn't even explain what they were doing. One of the officers was grilling me, and the others were hovering around - one behind me as if he was going to jump me, and the other standing by the car and another one looking over my car. I shouted out to her that the tax disc was in date when she seemed to struggle to read the numbers. That was a big mistake and she took even more offence at that and said that she could read, and that I was an incredibly rude young man. I hate being called 'young man' by people who look my age and I told her that she wasn't too bad herself. Oh God, it just got worse and worse. I just wanted to apologise to them and say look - it was a misunderstanding and we got off the wrong foot but they'd wound me up so much and as time dragged, it just became a battle of wits. They did the imaginary scenario thing to me too: "what if a bus had been coming down the opposite side of the road?" And I did too: "What if you had signalled before you pulled out in front of me, instead of nearly causing a car crash?" Well it was a horrible experience and it got nowhere with us bickering on the street. It is very intimidating having 4 plain clothes police officers in that threatening way. I half expected them to be fake and to try and knock me out and steal everything. I asked them to take me to the police station if they wanted to dispute the facts and get a statement and if they wanted to press charges, they were more than entitled, however the fact stands, that they never signalled when they pulled out in front of me, and precipitated the event. This much, they never contested. The lead police officer threw my driving licence back at me (didn't hand it back). I think that kind of sums up how awful the experience was for all of us Sad

Wow - so you bought your bike without a test ride? Not even pillion passenger?! I've heard horror stories from the garage about new riders who come in and buy a 1300cc bike and then bin in less than 800 yards in front of the shop. I actually saw it happen once - the guy had done a turn onto the main road and was going straight down the road. Looks like he changed into second gear and then just tipped over plonk!!! I was unchaining my bike at the time (as usual - faffing around with one of my chains..!) and was just shocked. Like - how on earth can you come off a bike on a straight road at around 10-15 mph like that?!) Well he either missed the 2nd gear and then sprung on the rear brake too harsh or something because he just tipped over sideways. Well motorcycle shops are usually positioned very badly on a corner or somewhere where you have to pull out on to adjoining traffic...

Good news with the custom exhausts then! Well a titanium exhaust might not make a huge difference to your bike, but if he can map it afterwards, then you'll have a better idea. If you have a flat spot in your power/torque throttle response, that'll be worthwhile doing. Otherwise, I guess you just want the extra dB noise Smile

The great thing about a big big (esp. v-twins) is that you have more pulling power from stationary position. Of course, you can get done for pulling away from the lights too quickly, however that's unusual if you're just pulling from 0-40mph to clear the traffic. The faster response to acceleration makes it such a joy to ride. I still see twats in Mercedes A class cars and BMW 5 series try it on with me at the lights. It's kind of funny, because you let go ahead to shield you during the crossroads in case of any late crossing traffic, and then whip them as soon as it's safe on the other side Smile

I can't stand BMWs or Mercs. I was in the car today and an idiot Merc tried to undercut the queuing flow of traffic. I didn't let him in and he started honking like an idiot, screaming to be let in. After trying to undercut traffic? Lol. Even later on the dual carriageway when it merged into 1 lane, a black BMW tried to undercut to overtake before the lanes merged. He just couldn't pull it off and it must've upset him - I could hear some tiny little voice trying to scream above the music I was listening to, so I had to turn it up just a little bit louder Smile

Wow. That's quite a working portfolio your dad has had Smile
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Yeah, that's how most comedians are now, it seems to have caught on with them, as you said, I doubt Lee Evans has many older fans, due to his language. My Dad is like that he hates the bad language some comedians use, there is no need for it. When I went to see Ken Dodd, there wasn't once that I can remember his swearing, he was very dirty for his age though, I swear he's a sex obsessed age 80 year old lol. There aren't many comedians now that can make people laugh without using bad language.

I don't think I could get an Abba stand in my very small bag you know Very Happy

I can spot dirt a mile off Smile I must confess my bike is very dirty, it went out in the rain on Sat and couldn't be bothered to clean it on Sun as I was too busy polishing metal, but its raining again here now so there's no point, actually its pi**ing down lol.

Yes, loads of the new bikes now seem to have gone all pointy for some reason.

Well maybe he didn't come from the same gene pool as his brother, well he can't of if he managed to write of 2 bikes and always used to break his bones lol.

Yeah, there's another one in a few weeks so I heard, one for Halloween apparently, I don't know if I'll go as I already have 2 other parties lined up.

Hahaha, I bet that was really funny, sounds like you out smarted them Very Happy It sounds like they deserved it, I bet they were them ones that like go out on training, you know the 'nearly there' ones. Was he younger than you? (the cocky one) he probably thought he was big now that he had been given a 'badge' I think I may get myself a badge and then act like an idiot, you know them ones you get from the toy shop with a gun and some plastic handcuffs. He was also more then likely annoyed that he was more in the wrong than you were, its a very good job that you didn't give him the titanium slider treatment too lol.

That was very rude of him to throw your licence at you, I bet he would have something to say if you did that to him wouldn't he.

No, not even pillion, I couldn't on the VFR, but the CBR I could of, but I would have looked stupid as I was a much bigger lad than the bloke I bought it off, and the RS well I didn't know how to ride when I got that lol.

Ouch that was very unlucky that he did that, I saw a similar few on you tube. Some gut was picking up a brand new Gixxer thou, he drove threw the car park and the back end seem to kick out without even applying power, it sent him sliding down the road at 5mph along with all his new body work LOL, another was some guy, just starting a brand new Duke 999R, first he stalls it, then starts, tries to pull away, and bang straight on its side. Terrible experiences for brand new bikes.

Yeah, the exhaust is no point while I have it restricted. But on Sunday I had a play Wink I took the baffle out and put it in while it was idling, damn the baffle takes like half the noise away! No way can I leave that in, it would be criminal. Im reading in more and more places to that the legal UK road limit is 82 dB's?

Ohh you can get done for pulling away to fast?! Hmm well I pull away fast but then it probably not fast on my 125 Wink Laughing

I bet that don't half feel good when you smoke them, I can imagine a smug grin on your face underneath your lid Very Happy I have seen to many BM and Merc drivers now that think they own the road, and race away from the lights, one day I will take great pleasure in making them deaf with my exhausts just like you have so many times.

The great thing about your 0-40 time is that you don't even need to shift up a gear Wink Very Happy I bet your 0-40 is like 1 second or less.

Hahaha, were you in the S2000? I love it when someone shout something at us in the car, one day I'm just going to open the door get out walk up to their window and say 'F**k off' Very Happy

I hate it when people overtake loads in a traffic jam and then try and cut in, if I ever wait in traffic on my bike, I never let them in Very Happy but then I feel like I'm doing that when I filter then have to cut in at a roundabout or something.
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:30 am

Well relying on an internet cafe where some idiot guy is saying to the couple next to me: "you're the male and she's the female" seems to be entertaining the couple to no end. The guy has one eye bigger than the other and a pint of Guiness in the other hand and doesn't exactly come across as coherent Laughing
They don't seem to notice and are thoroughly entertained!

Hey - an Abba stand can be carried without a bag! I carry mine (not on the bus admittedly). If you bubble wrap it, it reduces in size for transport by pushing in the rods.

Bikes have got pointy to coincide with the summer release of 'Transformers" lol. I think angular is in, an curvy is out. Curvy is seen as 90's; even the new Aprilia RSV4 is really pointy and cut out (shard) looking. I'm not impressed with its shape at all. And it's not just pissing down in Wales. We had a few hours of sunshine this afternoon but the rain has started up again this evening.

Well that drunk guy is telling the lubby dubby couple that his middle name is 'thy Kingdom come'. I think they've twigged on now. They say to him: "that's a lot of responsibility to carry on earth". Hmmm. Maybe they're mormons? He's saying to them that he needs to be crucified because he's too christian and now he's telling them she's the queen and he's like Prince Philip. No, he's changed his mind - the guy was Julian Clery and the woman was an arkangel. She's just asked him if he needs to take any tablets Laughing Now she's asked him to leave so that they can carry on their conversation!! He's saying it's too painful to leave. Lol. It's great being a fly on the wall watching this comedy show unfold in front of me. It's a shame; the guy is getting uppity and saying that 'he needs to go' and is gesturing with his hand. This isn't going to end well Sad

Yeah - I've been riding/driving since I was 17/8 so I'm not exactly a walk over on the roads. The cocky guy was middle-aged; vulgar accent (they say 'wa' her' instead of 'water'; 'innit' instead of 'is it not?' and just a mouthful from them reveals their London accent. In a car, they look very fat lol. All mouth and no action Smile

Well don't get yourself in trouble with a plastic gun and toy badge etc. People here can also be pretty humourless - like the couple beside me who have now turned nasty on the guy and asked him to leave! It's tough when someone in authority has a sulk at you. I guess it's too much to expect them to have them behave any better. Control and all that.

Lol - those Youtube clips must be staged. How can people be so thick as to ride a bike like that?! (he says - hoping he's not on Youtube). I guess some people have a lot of disposable income and for them, riding is a hobby rather than a lifestyle.

I can't help with the UK dB limits. I've been stopped by the police for pulling away too fast once! They questioned me but let me off since I was so civil to them this time Wink

I bet that don't half feel good when you smoke them, I can imagine a smug grin on your face underneath your lid Very Happy I have seen to many BM and Merc drivers now that think they own the road, and race away from the lights, one day I will take great pleasure in making them deaf with my exhausts just like you have so many times.

Haha. That's really petty. Why would you think I grin like that? Laughing 😏

The great thing about your 0-40 time is that you don't even need to shift up a gear Wink Very Happy I bet your 0-40 is like 1 second or less.

Yeah - I was in my Honda when that black BMW tried it on. We lock our car doors here in the city. I always make sure my girlfriend does, in case some bad guy mistakes her driving for mine lol.

Be careful with the filtering too cheers
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4