Full-Revs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bike value

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

bike value - Page 2 Empty Re: bike value

Post by Bluecollarlove Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:47 pm

Lol. So that's what goes through the mind of a 50cc'er! I usually think "why the hell is this guy invading my body space?!! Can't he steer clear (only because I don't want to be rear shunted by their terrible non-disc brakes!) from my bike!

Well out today, a scooter girl stopped by at the lights and then ran her eyes up and down my bike. I nodded to her, but she just continued gawping - even when the lights turned green, leaving her to gawp at the ends of my Akrapovics!
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:49 pm

haha exactly, you see a 50cc bike, must think ehhh im not being associated with that and fly off, i use that to my advantage and get close so they do haha, then sit there in amazed by there acceleration xD
CraigB
CraigB
Admin
Admin

http://www.full-revs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:07 pm

I don't mind 50cc'ers at all, if they're well-behaved! You guys seem fine - unlike some of the pillocks on shitheads forum who talk utter sh*t and ride those ghey Tuonos on the forum!

The only problem is, the horde near where I live all hang out in 10's. They are a bit like those fish, which attack larger prey: they form a swarming ball around you, and try and intimidate, starting to get their grubby little fingers on your bike at the lights. Might be able to take a few down, but 10? No way. The police here don't stop that kind of behaviour.

Well they can't keep up with me so it's no problem, however I've seen them pick on solitary female riders or other 50cc'ers. Only thing you can do, is deliberately fire your back exhaust and scare the hell out of them, and then force your way to the rider who they're intimidating and just flicking open the visor and saying "Howdy! Nice day, huh!?" in the most phoney American accent. They usually appreciate it Smile

The other 50cc'ers who get on my tits are the scooterfags in rush hour. Prob. not like the ones in your area - these ones are loaded. They dress in their business suits and non-motorcycling gloves and ride erratically all over the road with their manbags down one side as they make their way to Canary Wharf or their city banks. They commute on scoot because of the useless tubes and trains here. Often they try and filter to the front, and if there's no room, they'll just mosey on front and park about 3 metres in front of the red light they're supposed to have stopped behind, blocking your path.
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:16 pm

lmfao, manbags haha.

you'v gotta love how you write a fat paragraph like that and i simply say lmfao, manbags!

hahahaha, i feel sorry for you, all that effert, do you see what im doing here? Trying to pad my reply out abit so it looks like i actually have something to say, and worth reading, when in fact i dont.

O well, your still reading so you mustn't have anything better to do, so why dont we just chat some more random shit, your turn.......
CraigB
CraigB
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Haha....noooooo. I'm multi-tasking on the computer....!

It's hard enough operating on skype call out and writing up some classes in the night. Maybe it's just so mind numbing that's why I'm on here!

Wot?! You got a manbag too?! I went through about 12 different rucksacks, trying to find the best rucksack for motorcycling after my original died. I have a briefcase for work which I use about 3 times a year when turning up to work in Alpinestars won't do. I can see why women get attracted to bags. Bag manufacturers deliberately make crappy bags so that you need one for each job, or different weather, or different luggage.

No effort Smile

I can type pretty fast Smile

What are you doing up late anyway - don't you have college tomorrow
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:25 pm

I do yes, but this isnt late. this is early for me lol, im nocturnal, im sure of it.

O well, what is college for if not sleeping???? :S

lol just jokes, and its not fast typing,t hat i can do, i just dont have anything intresting to say lmao...

O well, i can change people avatars and shit which is funny, and gives me at least one pointless use. xD
CraigB
CraigB
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:30 pm

Nocturnal - you too?!

I used to go on all night benders during uni - out of 10 days, I'd survive on 2 hours sleep a day.

It really does my head in now. The reason why I stay up late, is because I can hear police car sirens; ambulance sirens and the shrill pub goers out in the streets. You don't get that kind of noise in Runcorn, huh?

Well once you find things that you're interested in, you won't stop and you'll just keep going on and on, a bit like Forrest Gump (ok - hopefully not really like Forrest Gump!). Then the girls will be saying to you: "sorry - what?"! Lol.
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:34 pm

lmao i suppose, naw its quiet enuf by my house. not too bad, id just go out and tell them to fuck off anyway haha.

my sleeping pattern is that bad, like when im starting college again, i have to go 48 hrs without sleep, hit the gym between that, so as im fucked, can get to sleep early, and be up in time to get back into the habbit lol, or just nt sleep and then go to college.
CraigB
CraigB
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:39 pm

Are you able to stay awake in classes like that?!

I know if you were in my classes, I'd notice!
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:41 pm

haha yer, i can go 48 hrs without sleep fine haha. im weird, i dont need alot of sleep at all lol.
CraigB
CraigB
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:49 pm

that might be true, but your concentration level will drop into a trough. your body has a body clock. apparently it's more common now, for those who are internet addicts (ummm..we wouldn't be, now would we? no no...that's good Smile )
to lose body clock regulation. It'll affect performance; concentration; well-being; and natural biorhythm. that's why it's important to try and get sleep even if you don't feel tired!

fallen asleep after reading this yet? Very Happy
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by chadz Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:30 am

With no v5 wtf, you wont get much i say
chadz
chadz
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigB Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:31 am

no v5? i do have a v5 lol....
CraigB
CraigB
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Bluecollarlove wrote:Well out today, a scooter girl stopped by at the lights and then ran her eyes up and down my bike. I nodded to her, but she just continued gawping - even when the lights turned green, leaving her to gawp at the ends of my Akrapovics!

That sounds a bit like what I do lol
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Can't be doing that or you'll get run over!!!!

Even if I pass someone I know, I'll just nod and keep my road sense. Distractions ain't good!!
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Yeah but imagine some guy pulling up next to you with his blaring exhausts while you were on a 50cc. Its any 16 year old lads wet dream Smile
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:31 pm

You know - I never really notice if it's a 50cc, 125cc or 400cc. Wearing earplugs, I can't exactly hear much other than the sound of my own breath!

Generally I box riders like this:

Scooterfag: no riding skills; wants to make progress at all costs including his own life. At the traffic lights, always angle bike diagonally to increase body space. Avoid like the plague.

Squid: Tends to ride a nipponese sewing machine. Some squids are quality, but generally a mixed bag. Can't tell if friend or foe. Includes boy racers and the brain dead.

Upright biker: tend to be sensible or 'have a go Harry' types who will try and race at the traffic lights of an intersection, without looking left and right to see late crossing traffic.

Cruiser types: I see a lot of these down in the countryside. They often ride in pairs; the front one carries the weight, and the rear pillion steers and gives directions to the rider in front. They are usually married couples, but with the amount of beer drinking, they both look like men. Never get stuck behind one - they can't filter through traffic and wobble like Donald Duck.

Sports riders: these are usually guys who are either a) in the police force b) ex-convicts. Since I can't tell the diffference between the two, I just treat them as if they're all convicts Smile

Terrible pigeon holer, eh?!
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Lol that was really good that, I agree with most of you, but when it comes to sports riders, I saw some pretty appauling filtering going on yesterday, most of them were on 1000cc bikes too, actually most of the bikes out of the 3000 that were at the Ponderosa yesterday were 1000cc's or more.
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:52 pm

most of the bikes out of the 3000 that were at the Ponderosa yesterday were 1000cc's or more.

Yeah - all the guys who do the illegal stuff and get pulled over by undercover cops in unmarked vehicles!!

It's like...natural selection. Why would anyone with a bike that says: "Hey! Arrest me!" go to an event like that in Wales?!

I guess the updates will be up on the MCN forum. Can't say I visit it much, although it's interesting what they get up to now and then. Sigh. I guess you didn't get to sit on the RSV4 then?
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Yeah there was loads of illegal stuff there, only general, like loud race cans, small plates, tinted visors etc.

Yeah I would have kept it legal if I was them, mind you soo much was going on that there wasn't much the police could have done.

No I don't that forum much either. It was in the daily post though, theres a video just for you to get an idea of how busy it was, im sure there will be loads of videos on you tube within the next few days.

No unfortunately not, I did see quite a few though, there was one guy that made a fool of him self in the slow moving traffic was that he kept leaving a gap then accelerating like mad sending his bike jerking lol.
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Yeah I would have kept it legal if I was them, mind you soo much was going on that there wasn't much the police could have done.

Call in the Territorial Army to administer a parking ticket? Very Happy

I bet you had to do a lot of slow riding, with the risk of numpties ploughing into your rear!

If you've been to the London motorcycle protests against the parking charges, it's utter mayhem. If I had an old hack of a bike to ride, I'd ride that in, rather than risk having to go through an insurance claim and explain exactly wot I was doing at a motorcycle protest!
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:08 am

Haha that I would like to have seen, the TA chasing us all.

I wasn't to worried about someone hit me, if they did they would have known about it though lol

There was a few numpties who were filtering and driving on the otherside of the road when cars were coming causing them to have to stop all the traffic and wait for the bikers to find a gap to fit into, most of the time they wouldn't find a gap as they were all taken up by other bikes.

Its a shame you dont have like a 250 or 400, as it must cost a lot in fuel for your commute everyday and wear and tare on your bike and tyres etc.
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Lol. The only thing the TA can chase are yuppies acting out as weekend warriors in between their daytime desk jobs Smile

I haven't ridden a small 250cc or 400cc in over 10 years. I'm not sure I'd be happy with it! In any case, I work academic semesters, so it's not like I ride in every day. It still works out better than running a second bike, or worse *horror* - taking public transport!
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by DanHam Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Lol the TA is a waste of time, I dont see the point in going in for 1 month a year.

Soo how many days a week do you work at the uni?

How far is your commute.

The VFR is a great little handling bike you know Smile
DanHam
DanHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluecollarlove Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Lol the TA is a waste of time, I dont see the point in going in for 1 month a year.

Lol. That wouldn't bother me so much. Rather - it's the moral objection of following orders and going into war for political rather than moral reasons.

I work full-time, on a semester basis, depending on which courses are offered each year. My commute? Lol. If I stayed in the same place it wouldn't be so bad. Last spring, it was 25 miles each way. If I'm lucky, it's just an 8 mile ride each way. But these days, I'm doing more of my own freelance work, which means I can work from home.

Lol - I wasn't ribbing you about the VFR. I like it a lot - the VFR800 v-tec version that is Smile
Bluecollarlove
Bluecollarlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next