Full-Revs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself girls!

+2
CharlieB
Rhapsody
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself girls! Empty Introduce yourself girls!

Post by Rhapsody Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi gang! Introduce yourself and tell us how you got into biking and what you love about it!

I wanted to ride a motorbike since I was a teenager but ended up with a Volkswagen Beetle instead. Then I kind of forgot about my dream until I got very bored last year and wanted a new and exciting hobby. I have fallen in love with biking since I did my CBT in Sept 2008. I started off on a 2008 Honda CBR125 which I loved to bits but found I wanted a bit more power for hills. So that put the pressure on to pass my test to move up to a Ninja 250R (my research suggesting it would be a good purchase). Having gained my A2 licence in Feb I bought one soon after and I haven't regretted my choice at all as I find it such great fun to ride. At the moment I have no plans to upgrade. Its light, the seats not too high, it goes fast enough for the roads I like to ride and my husband would kill me if I said I wanted something bigger! lol

Whats your story? Smile
Rhapsody
Rhapsody
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself girls! Empty Re: Introduce yourself girls!

Post by CharlieB Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Well.... i hav always liked bikes, but i was never aloud one up until now (basically cuz parents have no say now im 19 and bought it my self and insuring it myself!) since the age of 17 i have always had a car (rubbish renault clio that fell apart!) well cut a long story short, in a space of 6 months i had 3 car crashes and 9 points on my licence.... i cant get insured on a car now for any decent price and i cant afford it... so gave me an excuse to explore the world of bikes. Started looking and fell in love with the Aprilia Millie, have now bought a RS50 to start with so i can build up some no claims so my insurance might go down a bit! contemplating a ninja for next bike though as they are a bit more reliable
CharlieB
CharlieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhapsody Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Wow Charlie! I really admire you for saving up for a RS50 and getting into the world of biking! I tried to save for both a motorbike and a horse when I was younger. I prolly didn't manage much more than £20, lol!

It sounds like you've had a bad run of luck with your car. I hope that biking works out for you better! If you want any info about a Ninja (250) then just give me a shout and I'll do my best to help you. In the meanwhile enjoy your RS50. Its a great feeling to be biking and out on 2 wheels enjoying the summer weather. Erm, on second thoughts, what summer weather? Have you got good waterproofs? ;P
Rhapsody
Rhapsody
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:01 pm

lol... my textiles i got are waterproof and apparently have amazing technology called coldblack (sales pitch i think) bike has cost me about 1300 so far but looks stunning! i am looking at the 250, going to do bike licence this year then see how much it is to insure! i love the ninja, nut have to have it in the right shade of green!
CharlieB
CharlieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:04 am

hi charlie and Rap,
Rap knows me alresdy from the 125 forum,
passed my test only a year and a half ago. Think my love of bikes started cause we have the NW200 road race every year, All those men and leathers and the fantastic party atmosphere surronding it all for the week. Never actually thought that I could actually get a bike (dont know why) then one day at work my female friend brought hers in and as i watched her ride away i had this pang in my whole body , I wanted to do that too. Then I thought why am i not? whats stopping me? So I went and got lessons passed my test and now I just need to get my lemon bike that I saved up for a year and a half sorted and finally get some proper miles under my belt before it breaks down again lol
Lissee
Lissee

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:28 am

we need to wind up all the ladz on here as they cant post any replys on this section!!
CharlieB
CharlieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:38 am

CharlieB wrote:we need to wind up all the ladz on here as they cant post any replys on this section!!

Can they read them tho
Lissee
Lissee

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:43 am

yer they can
CharlieB
CharlieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:51 am

This could get very messy Twisted Evil tee hee hee
Lissee
Lissee

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:59 am

yer it could.... find out all their little secrets and discuss them on here! well.... we already no girls are better riders so what else can we say? and of course we do look better in leathers than they do Wink
CharlieB
CharlieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:04 am

CharlieB wrote:yer it could.... find out all their little secrets and discuss them on here! well.... we already no girls are better riders so what else can we say? and of course we do look better in leathers than they do Wink

Should we post some leather pics or would that be too much for them to handle do u think Wink

By the way i wouldnt discuss any of there secrets as that could probably get me into more trouble than its worth,
Lissee
Lissee

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:10 am

i think that would be a bit much... especially as i have been offered a modeling deal.... they were drewling over the picture looking up a girls skirt which you could see nothing in.... think they may get a bit too excited
CharlieB
CharlieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:16 am

CharlieB wrote:i think that would be a bit much... especially as i have been offered a modeling deal.... they were drewling over the picture looking up a girls skirt which you could see nothing in.... think they may get a bit too excited

yeah ur right, they would never be able to take our input into the biking world seriously if we were to start posting sexy pics of ourselves on here lol

ok we will stick to taking the piss out of them big time instead then
Lissee
Lissee

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:18 am

we are serious riders.... just like lots of photo with limited cover of leather and bikes!
CharlieB
CharlieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Kronizm Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:33 pm

bounce Laughing hiii everyone great to be here and able to chat on this section 0 I love you

I was into bikes (well scooters Embarassed a long time ago) life got in the way and i forgot about what fun riding was for too long.

Last year my firm were moving offices and i was about to lose free parking and move to the city centre, as i live in Manchester and then worked in Leeds I decided public transport was out of the question and parking to expensive. I got the chance to ride pillion on a yammy 600 and loved it , thatwas it I decided in a moment of madness/ sanity that i should geta bike Very Happy. (I planned to do DAS but..)

well never actually driven one i managed to come off during my CBT and smashed my arm up pretty badly it wont completely recover but i have full use ( just cant bend it the whole way now) I had a pot on for 6 weeks and months of physio

Then in july this year i went back tongue
This time i got it right and now i am the proud owner of a yamaha YBR 125 the irony is that because of my arm i relocated and now work in bolton so i can drive my 125 bike to work
Hannah Kronizm
Hannah Kronizm
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Kronizm Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:46 pm

oh yea and i have verbal diarrhoea too lol
Hannah Kronizm
Hannah Kronizm
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhapsody Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Wow Hannah, I really respect you for getting back on a bike after having a nasty accident like that! That takes courage!

Is your drive to work a nice one? I am lucky enough to have a beautiful drive to work, with plenty of twisties and straight sections, very little traffic and great scenery. I decided to go exploring down some country lanes on my way home today, saw some really pretty cottages and farmhouses. Felt like I was on holiday!
Rhapsody
Rhapsody
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Kronizm Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:30 pm

sounds lovely my journey is mixted but a large junk is busy its all good it gives me the experience i need some high hedged country roads back onto a busy industrial estate lots of big scarey wagons, then some town driving thena long stretch before finally hitting the a666 for a couple of junction =)

I dont really mind as long as i am on the bike, and i dont feel brave i just got the bug =). when i went onto the road for my CBT i was very cautious 20mph felt really fast lol and i was wary of the traffic but i got throu and now it takes me all my time to stay within the speed limit =)
Hannah Kronizm
Hannah Kronizm
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:34 pm

i can be a bit of a hot head! my first crash was at 80mph down a single track country lane! think i learnt my lesson to not speed!
CharlieB
CharlieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Kronizm Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:37 pm

ouch ! were you hurt?

well my bike isnt very fast and its only just been run in so the most it has done is about 50 and that was legal =). sometimes i am still a bit catious but i am getting there
Hannah Kronizm
Hannah Kronizm
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 pm

no i didnt even have a scrape! i was really lucky!
CharlieB
CharlieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhapsody Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:47 pm

I was like you at first Hannah, very cautious. My instructor kept telling me to speed up on my CBT, but like you said, 20mph felt sooooo fast! Then when I got to start riding on my own I though, blimey a granny would drive a metro faster on these roads than I am going!!! But gradually I gained confidence and got faster bit by bit and now I am happy that I exceed the speed that I do the same roads in my car. I'm still a long way from hanging off my bike and getting my knee down. Perhaps that will come one day but for me its about building confidence at a speed I'm happy with and being safe (as well as having fun).

i can be a bit of a hot head! my first crash was at 80mph down a single track country lane! think i learnt my lesson to not speed!
You don't do things by halves do you Charlie!!!! Glad you're still here to tell the tale!!!
Rhapsody
Rhapsody
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Kronizm Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:58 pm

yea i want to be a good rider Very Happy got lots to learn but i am an eager pupil XD
Hannah Kronizm
Hannah Kronizm
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhapsody Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:06 pm

You sound like you have the passion for it so I'm sure you will learn fast! Very Happy
Rhapsody
Rhapsody
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:09 pm

hehe, athough i have calmed down alot now! when the other half goes a bit too fast round the corner in his TT i am clinging on to the door with my eyes clothes
CharlieB
CharlieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next