Full-Revs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where ya all dissapeared too

+2
CraigB
Lissee
6 posters

Go down

where ya all dissapeared too Empty where ya all dissapeared too

Post by Lissee Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:36 am

Its been really quiet on here lately, where ya all been. Thought girls were suppossed to be real gossips.
Lissee
Lissee

Back to top Go down

where ya all dissapeared too Empty Re: where ya all dissapeared too

Post by CraigB Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:07 am

out riding i guess, yeno with all this beautifull weather! Neutral
CraigB
CraigB
Admin
Admin

http://www.full-revs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhapsody Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:19 pm

I've been on holiday in the Lake District for a week and otherwise busy with work and too much social life. Dunno where all my times goes!

Do you have something for us to gossip about? Smile
Rhapsody
Rhapsody
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:21 am

nothing i wud want to post on a public forum, lol
save that for msn ha ha
Lissee
Lissee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhapsody Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:23 am

LOL

I dunno if the same happens to you but I keep getting blokes in cars trying to race me. My journey to work is down twisty single carriageway roads and I often find some guy behind me determined to try and keep up at all costs, or someone in front trying to lose me. They drive 70mph on stretches that I won't go more than 60mph in my car (and I don't hang around) and seem to throw all caution to the wind in the attempt to "win". But throughout it all I'm quite convinced that they haven't clocked me as a girl, they've just seen a bike so they want to beat it on some macho principle (as they prolly get left behind by bikes all the time). I really want them to look in my helmet one day and see they've been racing a girl and enjoy the look of shock on their face. Either that or I need to stuff loads of socks down my bra to make it really clear I'm a lass (its not so obvious from infront/behind on my Ninja). Last one I raced was in a Fiesta, so my ego was a bit bruised by that, lol.

Have you ever had the same problem with these boy racers?
Rhapsody
Rhapsody
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by tlewis52 Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:48 am

i know what u mean rhapsody. i get little boy racers trying on all the time. Or when im getting on my bike they look at me, like does she really ride a motorbike. its the same when i park up aswell get the ped boys and they just look at me and either go quiet or talk loudly as if they really know about bikes, i just chuckle to myself. I love it on the lights, waiting, and because i know the timing of the traffic lights around where i live, i always know when theyre gonna change. so i get ready to go and always beat them off the line, its so funny when u look back and theyre trying to chase you. and yes i can beat them on my little 125. also it might have something to do with that im a little speed demon. i use the motorway to get to work, and i have people looking out their windows at me all the time, i just smile, like yes i am a girl.
tlewis52
tlewis52
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhapsody Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:42 pm

Nice one about burning up the ped boys at traffic lights. That must be really good fun. Twisted Evil

Its nice to turn peoples preconceptions upside down. Like when they look at you on the motorway and are surprised you're female. And at work too, my colleagues were all very confused when "hippy chick" became "biker chick" lol. Now they just groan if I mention motorbikes.

Just read a rather entertaining book by a lass who surprised a lot of South Americans by riding from Alaska right down to the tip of South America on her own! Lots of the people she met, the further south she got, were really shocked that she was doing that as a lone female. Her first book is called "Lois on the Loose" and covers the 20,000 mile Americas ride. She has also ridden down Africa alone too! I'm gonna buy that one too as I love reading about stuff like this and she's got a really rye sense of humour.

Here's the website if you wanna check it out Lois on the Loose.
Rhapsody
Rhapsody
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by tlewis52 Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:14 pm

yeah i'll check that out.

i might be going on a trip to italy on my bike next year, thats if i have a bigger bike by then.

and i know what u mean about people saying, 'not again' with talking about bikes.lol, everyone who knows me knows i love motorbikes they're all like your obsessed, and i just say yep. even when i was walking my dog some little boy said to me you ride a motorbike dont you? i said yes, and was thinking how do you know i've never seen you before, lol.
tlewis52
tlewis52
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Benneyboy Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 am

i havent been on here due to still waiting on my new tower to bloody come most of the time i try to post it fucks up (im on the wii) so yeah hopefully back online for weekend and msn convos ftw lissee did you buy that viffer
Benneyboy
Benneyboy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:41 am

Benneyboy wrote:i havent been on here due to still waiting on my new tower to bloody come most of the time i try to post it fucks up (im on the wii) so yeah hopefully back online for weekend and msn convos ftw lissee did you buy that viffer

No it was a bit crap and wouldnt start lol, still on the hunt, there is a nice fazer 600 already lowered that someone is thinking about selling at work, gonna get a test ride on it soon hopefully if he manages to make up his mind if hes selling it. he said if you can touch the ground i will sell it to you, so i did and then he starts oh but with ur leathers on it might be too high and if you cant get it up o the middle stand its no good to you etc lol so we will see.
Lissee
Lissee

Back to top Go down

Post by Benneyboy Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:12 am

Lissee wrote:
Benneyboy wrote:i havent been on here due to still waiting on my new tower to bloody come most of the time i try to post it fucks up (im on the wii) so yeah hopefully back online for weekend and msn convos ftw lissee did you buy that viffer

No it was a bit crap and wouldnt start lol, still on the hunt, there is a nice fazer 600 already lowered that someone is thinking about selling at work, gonna get a test ride on it soon hopefully if he manages to make up his mind if hes selling it. he said if you can touch the ground i will sell it to you, so i did and then he starts oh but with ur leathers on it might be too high and if you cant get it up o the middle stand its no good to you etc lol so we will see.

thought you were a sportsbike girl fazer is good bike but meh, bloke sounds like hes having a jimme with ya rember what i said anyway anybike can be lowerd if you neef help having a set of linkages made let me know i know a top engeer that does shit loads of one of parts , and production based patts all fresh from his workshop he is well respected by the rd350 boys !!

hopefully by time i come over to yours for nw200 should be passed on bike test so no shit l plates might even take you for a ride (on the bike ??) and bring back your taste for a 2t again
Benneyboy
Benneyboy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:14 am

Yeah sports bikes are my thing but going to explore a few possibilities before i settle. I do love my wee bike big time , keep changing my mind about wether i should change it or not, dissapointed the winter is coming in now cause i have only started getting confident with it and having fun. Took it out in the pissing rain yesterday just to get out on it , couldnt see much most of the time with the rain on my visor, still had fun tho.

I could take you out on the back of mine if you trust me and dont mind not having any foot pegs to put ur feet on lol
Lissee
Lissee

Back to top Go down

Post by Benneyboy Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 am

Lissee wrote:Yeah sports bikes are my thing but going to explore a few possibilities before i settle. I do love my wee bike big time , keep changing my mind about wether i should change it or not, dissapointed the winter is coming in now cause i have only started getting confident with it and having fun. Took it out in the pissing rain yesterday just to get out on it , couldnt see much most of the time with the rain on my visor, still had fun tho.

I could take you out on the back of mine if you trust me and dont mind not having any foot pegs to put ur feet on lol

yeah id be up !!!

why aint you been on msn for soooooooooooooo long
Benneyboy
Benneyboy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissee Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:34 pm

cause i only have a couple of hours internet allowance a month
Lissee